A few tips that can help you avoid getting shit done. Or it you want to look at it from a different perspective: What Not To Do.
10. Put on The Newsroom. After awhile, you won’t even remember where you are, or that there’s a pile of homework awaiting.
9. Make lists, like this very one you’re reading. The time it took me to write this, I could have my algebra finished…
8. Twiddle your thumbs. Hey, this counts as exercise!
7. Walk the dog. It may be 110° outside, there’s a good chance you’ll melt, and Fido may give you the evil eye all day long, but hey the dog’s not going to walk himself. Don’t have a dog? Borrow your neighbor’s. Procrastinating means being resourceful!
6. Eat stuff. Preferably food, it’s up to you really, as to what you put in your mouth.
5. Make a cape out of your favorite blanket. Then parade around the house in it, feeling so accomplished.
4. Kern. Now that I can kern like there’s no tomorrow, I like to do it to pass the time. There’s that handy dandy little kerning game that I enjoy so much.
3. Contemplate the meaning of life. Why are we here? What is our purpose? What does it even mean? Why do I have a massive cowlick in my hair?
2. Fall into Facebook. It really is like falling down a deep well, with no stepping-stones to climb out, and no one hears your screaming. Maybe it’s not that dramatic, but when you look at the clock next you wonder how six hours went by.
1. Look at something shiny. Sometimes you just can’t help your-
…self from looking.