For those of you who aren’t graphic designers and are not familiar with the word “kern” don’t even worry about it.  I didn’t know for a long time either, in fact I still think of corn when I hear it.  And if you are a graphic designer, you have my blessing to go ahead and have a chuckle at my expense. Corn.

Kerning is a term used to describe the amount of space between each letter. Also the only graphic design vernacular that starts with the letter K.  I would have been golden with “Komma” Kelsey, “Kropping” Kelsey, or even “Kompound” Kelsey.

But I am not Kelsey Kardashian so I will not abuse the english language by changing every C-word to a K.

Back to Kerning…I created this blog to chronicle my journey as a student studying graphic design.  Most of what you will find here are my musing about the industry, sharing my thoughts about what I am learning, and even showing you some of my own creations.  Everything that I post are my own thoughts and my own work, so if you are going to use it somewhere magical, can you throw a girl a bone and please give me credit for it?

If you want to contact me my email is

That’s all.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s